Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stinky neck syndrom




Gross. Here I am thinking I'm sooooo cool for enforcing a 7 pm bathtime routine before bed, military-style, and I learn yesterday that my exceptionally gorgeous baby...yes, I'm admitting it...reeks. Grant mentioned it when he held her in the morning "Heath, does she need a new diaper?", he asked. "Umm, maybe" I didn't notice anything. We got to my mom's an hour or so later and she swooped her away for lots of gramma cuddles and then looked at me and said, "uh, when's the last time she got a bath?" "LAST NIGHT!!" I quickly answered, proud of our consistency. Mom gently lifted up a few folds between her head and shoulders, where her neck should be, and showed me some pretty gross white build up. Yuck, we'd been neglecting this very important spot. The white build-up, as you might guess, is a combination of breastmilk, formula, drool, spit-up, sweat, and likely dirt that has been lodged in there for who-knows-how-long. So of course she stinks. After a more thorough bath, she's not the stinky kid anymore. But, I guess I'll be needing everyone's help and constructive criticism in the hygiene department. Nice one, mom.

3 comments:

  1. OMG - this is something I entirely forgot about. I often would clean their necks with a wet wipe during diaper changes. Thanks for the kind of gross and stinky memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care if she stinks. SHE IS SO FREAKING CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete