Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rollin!




Last night after a warm bath we had some family time on our bed. Just for kicks, we set Amelia on her tummy to see if she could lift her head 45 degrees (as 2-month olds are supposed to do). Naturally, no problem. Then, we left her on her tummy to see if for some weird reason, she might roll over. We were talking to her, and she was getting frustrated that she couldn't see us. First we saw her hip trying to lift up (as you see in the photo), then we saw her tiny little twig-arm trying to straighten out and lift her torso. After lots of grunting from her and cheers from us, she made it on her side, and then on her back. Yay!! Grant picked her up and her little back was pulsing up and down she was breathing so hard after all the tough work. I was saying "let's do it again!!" But Grant reminded me that was ridiculous given she was wiped out. Good job, Amelia!

1 comment:

  1. Heather,

    This is so cool that you are capturing Amelia's first moments! :) I've loved being able to write down the "little/funny things" the kids do that I know I wouldn't remember otherwise. And I love reading blogs, so I'll be checking yours for sure! :)

    In regards to the music, just click on my music "thing/square" (like my technical jargon?!?) and it'll take you to the website where you can open your own account. It's super easy and I love what it adds to a post. Good luck-let me know if you have any questions! :)

    Have a good one, Mommy! :)
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete