Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it...





Thanks to our new "pack on the pounds" diet plan, Amelia is a full, satisfied, rested, happy baby now. She sleeps longer and harder, and fusses much less, because she's not starved anymore. Do I feel like the worst mom in the world for letting my sweet angel go hungry for a month?? I could if I let myself. But, she is eating twice a night rather than 4 - 5 times a night and falls asleep by herself, without our countless tricks to lull her to sleep. I don't wanna brag, but I got 8 1/2 hours of sleep last night. So, I'm choosing to put the last "hungry month" behind me and not worry about why my breastmilk is somewhat inadequate. My wonderful mom has warned me that this "crappiest mom in the world" guilty feeling is one I will have a lot from now on, any time I screw up. So I'm going to try not to give into that mopy attitude and just try and turn it around when I can.






Oh, and Cash loves Amelia. He's always trying to give her a big wet kiss, but has learned this is not acceptable when she's sleeping. He's also learned not to veer in front of the stroller during our runs, or he'll lose a paw. He usually chills next to her bouncer, it's pretty cute. Babies can only see black, white and red during the first few months. So, it's kind of interesting that she can see Cash better than any of us.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS PIC! I can't tell who's cuter-rama, or millers?! I like how Cash is learning to run with a stroller (even if he's had to learn the hard way).

    Oh, this pic of her chuggin her milk looks like she's given us a "pound" fist while she's drinkin. Keep chuggin, Millsters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather - this is great! And it will be the ongoing saga to give to Amelia someday!

    You're a wonderful mom by the way, and you won't suffer from the "crappiest mom in the world" syndrome very much at all - that's my prediction!

    ReplyDelete