Tuesday, June 23, 2009

oh...now I get it


I always thought it was almost annoying how little baby's want their mom's so badly when they're crying, and no one else will suffice. They scream their heads off for no reason until they get passed back to their mom...and then silence. I would think, Why isn't someone else able to calm them down? Does it ALWAYS have to be her? What is it that she can do that someone else can't? Doesn't she get annoyed of being the only one who can soothe her? Well, as with so many other things, I understand now. And more importantly, I LOVE that I'm number one. It's fantastic. I love how she buries her face in my chest and rests the top of her warm, soft head on my chin as she sinks in my arms. I can feel her light little fingers fall on my arm and across my neck. Having nine nieces and nephews and being around friends who have children, this is a new feeling that I've never had before, being able to be the one that the baby wants. I don't know, maybe in a few months I'll grow tired of always having to carry and rock and shhhh, but right now it's the best thing in the world to know that I am what she wants. I'm blogging this because I hope I remember how special it is when she's all grown up.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaactually, I'm pretty sure it's me that she's crying for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't grow tired of it ever...until she is 9 months old, and you place her on the floor in the kitchen with her favorite toys and snacks so you can FINALLY make dinner at the stove, and she just sits there and WAAAAAAIIIIIILLLLLLLS until you stop what you are doing and pick her up so she'll stop crying. Take out, anyone?? ;)

    It's the best feeling ever knowing that no one can comfort their baby like mom can...

    ReplyDelete