Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Life after baby



The other day I was hanging out with Meg, (whose name Amelia can say now, by the way) before her first swim lesson. Thinking out loud I said, "I am so excited to see Amelia in her little swimsuit tonight!". Meg replied, "You always have something to look forward to with Amelia. I'm looking forward to baking butterscotch cookies and facebooking tonight". Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't love a night of cookies and spying on friends, but it's true: every week there is something new for us. Fun or difficult, our new lives as a family is certainly full of "spice" since Amelia's arrival. New pigtails, sunglasses, words, friends, toys, sleep patterns, car seat upgrade, everything, it's always new. Not to mention, anything that we used to do is a thousand times more fun (and difficult) with Amelia.

Needless to say, swim lessons were a blast. Grant came too, and if you think Amelia has a cute little set of thunder-thighs with tights on, wait till I get a pic of her in her swim suit ;)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, butterscotch cookies and fb is pretty hard to beat :)

    ReplyDelete