Friday, April 23, 2010

We made it, Amelia!


Amelia celebrates her first birthday today. Of course, I can't believe she's one already, but at the same time, it has been a very long year! I'm thinking back to what I was doing this day last year, and man, that was an incredible day. Now I watch Amelia shove peanut butter toast in her mouth, take a giant swig of water from her sippy cup while she watches Jake Gyllenhaal on Sesame Street. She looks over at me and covers her mouth during a fake cough, and then keeps eye contact with me while she slowly drops a chunk of toast on the floor for her drooling buddy. I'm in awe of this little soul that's changed so much already. What will she be like next year? What will I be like next year?

Grant has taken a new job in Lynnwood, which is about an hour commute. We're sacrificing a lot for his new position, but are hoping it will be well worth it. Eventually we're going to need to sell our house and move up north. Big plans for this little family, and evidently, a lot can happen in a year.


Look at that mop on Amelia!

We celebrated Amelia's first birthday in Belfair last week. Very sweet little party, lots of balloons (Amelia's favorite), mom barbequed burgers and I made cupcakes. A great time was had by all! The next day we went for a hike on Mud Mountain with our good friends Rick and Raederle. I think Amelia seemed to enjoy it, she loves them.


I finally caved and let her have her birthday cupcake.

PRESENTS!!

Amelia loves to snuggle-snuggle. Especially super soft bunnies from Gramma Stella!


Raederle the comedian.

Nothin' like a little peek-a-boo to wrap up a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Amelia is the happiest human on earth. I am so lucky to get to know her and be a part of her first year. She is such a chubby bundle of sweetness. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MILLS!!!!

    ReplyDelete