Tuesday, April 27, 2010

first time home with the pukes

Amelia woke up this morning with her first flu. Few things are more heart wrenching than watching your child throw up for the first time. Amelia puked 3 times this morning. Not knowing what was happening to her, she just wanted to hold on to me and cry while her body was doing a very unfamiliar, uncontrollable thing. I tried to lean her over the sink, but the last thing she wanted was for me to hold her little body away from me. So I just let her puke over my shoulder, down the back of my shirt and partially into my hair. I cannot believe how little I cared about how gross that is and was more upset listening to her struggle. This will hopefully pass by the end of the day, but in the mean time I've been washing soiled clothes and blankies and have made my magical home made chicken noodle soup.

As many-a-sisters have told me before, she is generally happy when she's not puking and doesn't really understand what it means when she's sick. So, what she doesn't know can't harm her, and I put her right back to work. Hey, those floors aren't going to clean themselves! And she's the one who ruined those clothes, she should wash them and put them away! ...it's good for her.



I'M KIDDING!! These photos were taken on days she wasn't sick.
(well, the last two were, anyways)

3 comments:

  1. The worst pain a mom can experience is helplessly watching her baby be ill or injured. Never mind the mess, that is easily fixed. I guess it goes back to 'we fix what we can, and leave the rest up to God.' Thankfully, they usually aren't sick very long, and as you say, soon forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was so sad. And also a tad HILARIOUS. Poor Mills. And good for her for cleanin up that mess...:)!

    I can't believe you let her puke on your shirt and in your hair. Actually, I've seen you wipe with leaves instead of TP, so I guess puke in your hair shouldn't suprise me. From tough trailblazer to badass mom--you are a wonder woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I know this day will come for Mia too! Not looking forward to it! It seriously touched my heart to read that you just held her while she was sick. What a good mom!!

    Love the pictures too!!!

    ReplyDelete