Friday, July 3, 2009

mommy hormones


The week before I had Amelia, and the week following, I had never cried so much in my life. I cried out of desparation to have Amelia out, I cried for no reason at all many times, and after she was born I cried out of happiness A LOT, and then a few times for no reason at all again. My mom and sisters said "welcome to motherhood, you're going to be an emotional sobbing mess like this from now on". I didn't believe them, because I'm really not the crying type and figured it was just a phase, until...


Remember the show "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air"? While nursing Amelia this morning I was watching an old episode, where Will shamefully purchases drugs, and confesses his mistake to the Banks family in an intense monologue at the end of the show. Now, I know 17-year old Will Smith was a decent actor, but the 90's sitcom left me a teary-eyed mess while nursing Amelia. What has happened to me? I'm losing it! I guess you guys were right!


2 comments:

  1. This made me giggle. I was a sap before I had the kiddos, but now I'm a MUCH BIGGER SAP! So, I would've been right there with you tearing up to Fresh Prince. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about that crying. Did my share. And sometimes its the wee one that comforts the Mom, when her world has fallen apart, with snuggles and little fingers clutching Mom's neck and face.
    But that's another story.

    ReplyDelete