Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This is gettin' good




Being home with Amelia is already bringing such special moments. She smiles so much! You can see it coming in her eyes, then she opens her mouth for a big toothless smile, a squeal, and then sometimes a little shoulder shrug at the end of the episode because she just can't stand it! Feeding sessions are beginning to last quite a bit longer, because she keeps looking up at me and smiling instead of sucking! "You're supposed to be eating, Amelia!" I say. She now turns her head to look at me, instead of before when her eyes would happen to land on me if her neck happened to fall that direction. Yesterday I was sitting next to her, reading, as she was laying on her mat with Star (after the big "fall out" (no pun intended) they've made ammends). She was looking at me while I was reading, waiting for me to look at her. All I had to do was move my eyes up from the book and before my eyes could meet hers she'd quickly give me a big, wide, open-mouthed smile. Nothin' beats that!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you are enjoying each day of your sweet baby's first weeks and months, because there are no re-runs and this time goes by SO fast!

    ReplyDelete