Monday, July 20, 2009

first family vacation: CHECK!









We have successfully completed our first family vacation. After about one month of planning, hundreds of "to do" lists, three lists of items to bring, and two trips to Snohomish to pack the camper, WE DID IT!! We went to a family reunion north of Spokane, and then to Chelan. My pointless concerns about whether or not she would sleep well or have a difficult time were....like I said, pointless. I found I can tone down my neurosiss just a smidge, as some stress in packing appears to have been necessary, given all our needs were met during the trip. I see my days of "just throw it in the back of the car" or "we'll figure it out when we get there", are pretty much over, as a 3 month old needs at least a little accountability from her parents. I also see that I don't get my day-long lay outs or early morning runs on vacation anymore. Maybe in a few years...Long story short, lots of planning, lots of fun, glad to be home!!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful place for Amelia's first vacation! Lake Chelan! And it looks like she is enjoying it very much. Good job, Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete