Thursday, January 20, 2011

Complaining Post


Week 33 of pregnancy no. 2. I am big. No, I'm not going to post photos of how big I am. That's a picture of Meg. I'm writing this blog only to vent some complaints, which are inevitably going to get worse in the next 7 weeks. So, Baby Number 2, this blog's for you.


My belly is big and tight, and as sure as the sun will rise, my back will hurt. I obviously don't sleep well, and after I get done bringing the groceries into the house my groin feels like I just rode a brand new, very cheap bike from Seattle to Portland. I can feel the back of my upper arms resting on the side of my back, letting me know that I have definitely gained weight everywhere. ALL of my underwear is too small because my butt is too big, and I don't have the courage or humility to go buy bigger underwear. So instead, it's just tight and covers about half of what it used to, and I pray that you can't see bulging underwear lines through my maternity jeans. By 5 pm I am totally maxed out for the day; emotionally and physically, and use the energy I have left to will myself NOT to call Grant and beg him to come home sooner. My boobs are completely unrecognizable to me anymore, one of these days I think they're going to just get up, walk away and live a life of their own. I have my "pregnancy" eyes on, meaning EVERYONE looks like they've lost weight to me, and every woman I glance at has me jealous that she just gets to walk around with her empty abdomen, feeding only herself and carrying only herself. Each morning I look in the mirror, seeing what's bigger. "oh my gosh, is my chin bigger?"


I know that it's almost over, that I just need to get through it, and in a few months this last part of pregnancy will seem like a blink of an eye. But for now, I'm going to complain, because I don't complain often, it's not over, and it won't be for about 7 weeks while I keep the fat suit on. Consider this my "pregnancy journal".

4 comments:

  1. Oh Heather! I can totally relate to where you are in your pregnancy. I was at the exact same place almost 63 years ago, to the day! I understand about the undies, and my "uniform" of the day was a pair of slacks held on with a shoelace tied to the button and pulled through the buttonhole. Since I was huge, no real tops would fit, so I wore an out-sized shirt of Jesse's. Of course there were all the feelings you have just expressed, etc. But it was all OK when I saw that cute little black haired baby girl, as it will be for you upon the arrival of little 'miss' or 'mister'. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never laughed so hard during my planning time at school. Thank you, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is bigger - you're just going to give birth to another little Lane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would just like to say thank you. Thank you for writing this, for being honest and putting it all out there. I feel the exact same way, huge. The riding the bike feeling is spot on, as is the gaining weight EVERYWHERE. I keep reminding myself that it will all come off and my body is doing what it needs to make a healthy babe, but really?

    And then I see some perfectly pregnant woman (you know, the kind who only gain weight in their belly) and I serious want to lash out. I'm having some filter and rage issues along with my hugeness.

    Sadly I purchased larger underwear but they are now getting to be too small, I mean seriously?
    Anyway, thanks... it's nice to know there's someone else out there going through exactly the same thing.

    ReplyDelete