Thursday, May 13, 2010

Long days made worth it

While Grant's new job is a fantastic oppurtunity and will hopefully pay off, his 12-14 hour work days make for an endless day for this ol' mom. In addition, me trying to squeeze every moment she's asleep into typing reports for Lee means I am literally working a 24 hour day. It is not easy, and leaves me feeling exhausted, cranky, and a bit frustrated at times.

However, I've found a few things that make it all worth it. Even when I feel like I want to give up, when it's time to rock Amelia to sleep, everything is okay. She literally melts into my arms, her chubby cheek lays on my shoulder facing me, and her light little arms hold my neck and I get to watch her drift to sleep as we rock together. Her perfectly shaped little mouth usually hangs open with those sweet little lips, and I feel each warm breath on my neck. Any frustration I had washes away, and I feel truly happy.

Also, when Grant's gone for so much of the day, it makes the times that we get to have together so much more special. I am so thankful for my little family.

2 comments:

  1. This post made me so happy. I love picturing her little mouth and big cheeks on your shoulder. YOu are so lucky to have her.

    ReplyDelete