Monday, February 15, 2010

lost but not forgotten


I received a call from the tech who tried to retrieve the data from my hard drive, and the worst is true: they cannot get the photos. For $700-$2700 I can send the hard drive to California where they may be able to get the photos and data by internally entering the hard drive. This means Grant and I are either going to have to get rich or wait until advances in technology will make it cheaper to retrieve the data. Until then I have facebook photos, anything I've emailed, this blog and memories. If anything, when all is done, Amelia is old, and I walk through the pearly white gates to meet my Maker, I can see Him sitting in a big white swivel office chair at a beautiful computer desk, spinning around and waving me over to go through all the lost photos on His computer with me. Can't wait :)

2 comments:

  1. Sad, and still a beautifully touching post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAD!! I can't believe it's so expensive to send it to CA! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete