Monday, January 11, 2010

what?!




As a Christmas present, Meg and Andy generously offered to watch Amelia while Grant and I reclaimed a few hours of freedom, by catching a movie. Grant and I went to see "Avatar"; great flick. We had a great time. I successfully snuck a 12-inch jar of peanuts, 24 oz water bottle, and big packet of life savers into the theatre with only minor stares and glances at my jar-shaped boobs and bottle-shaped butt. We laughed at each other sporting some killer 3-D glasses, and I embarrassed Grant a little with my vocal "coooool!!!"'s, "aaawweee-sooome!!"'s, and "wwhooaaa!!!"'s. Apparently, I'm the only one in the theatre that thought the 3-D was cool enough to express my enthusiasm. I'm gonna make a great embarassing mom when Amelia goes to the movies with me :)

When we got back, I was a little surprised by Amelia's reaction to me. I am positive that while we were gone she thought Megan was me. When we returned 4 hours later, she watched me walk up the stairs with little response, clutching on to Megan as I got closer. I tried talking to her to see if my voice would ring a bell that I'm her mother, but still no recollection. Then Grant came walking up the stairs behind me, and she did her usual huge smile, and, get this, reached for him. So, there you have it. Megan and Grant. Not me, oh no, not the one who birthed her, sacrificed her time, energy and nipples for her. I'm just another big human trying to get my hands on her, squeezing some type of affection from her. It took about 45 minutes for her to WARM UP TO ME. Her mother. Warm up to her mother. Thanks for babysitting, Meg and Andy :) We had a great time.

Another plus: I'm officially back to my pre-preg weight. It took me 8 months and 18 days to do it. But, I did.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you lost all of your preg weight already! YOU DID IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the weight management! As to Amelia's "mommy confusion"....it is a good thing she has a "surrogate" mother with whom she feels so comfortable. She will figure out the difference one of these days. Maybe if you had some adult identical twin friends for her to meet so she could see others (Faye and Sam don't qualify) .....I don't know! A puzzle!

    ReplyDelete