Thursday, January 7, 2010

and I proudly stand up

...well, pull up to stand. Amelia's little stumps with hooves can hold her up! It is very exciting. She also waved "hello" to my mom for the first time last week; very, very cute as her little extended arm only comes up to about an inch above her head.



And she says "ma-ma" in the most adorable little way. More like, "meh-meh". Of course, she only says it when she's ticked, but I'll take whatever I can get. She's thrown a "da-da" in there a few times as well.




And, she's getting better at playing with her toys. I found that as much as I want her to "learn to play by herself"...I still have to teach her how to play. I've also found she is much better behaved during the day when I spend more time with her playing instead of trying to "occupy" her with tons of toys. I know what you're saying: DUH!! Well, this is all a learning curve for ol' mom. Like I've said, I don't know what the heck I'm doing.



See this monkey head? There are 3 monkey heads in our home. They are Cash's toys. He carries them in his mouth and sucks on them until they're heavy with slobber. We thought it'd be good for him to have his toys, so he wouldn't be confused and try to "play" (suck) on Amelia's toys. What's really gross is that Amelia loves to find them and....just like all babies...put them in her mouth. YUCK. Guess it's the price I have to pay for having a live-in maid to clean the food off the floor.






































2 comments:

  1. I think she's actually saying "me-me", not "ma ma". Which means she is actually asking for Auntie Me Me. You tell her I'll be right over...once she stops crying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think she should have a little beaded headband with a feather stuck in the back of it! Wait till the sun shines on her cute little body this summer It is said that when ancestors die they are gone from us forever..... not so! They just come back in many new forms, or maybe its that the little fetus reaches back and brings a little bit of them with her? Interesting!

    ReplyDelete